Elective Ghana is a Ghanaian base company whose primary aim is to offer students a rare and unforgettable opportunity to get hands-on practical experience in Ghana hospitals. We liaise with students and the hospitals authorities to help organize stress-free medical elective and volunteering placement for medical students, nurses, premedical students, doctors etc. All you need to do if you want to undertake an elective in Ghana is to get in touch with us by an email telling us the date and we will arrange it for you. Tell us your need or your university requirements and we will provide you with the detail information. We are even able to arrange “emergency elective” for students who may have been disappointed by other hospital or organization or have had their elective cancel for one reason or another and as such have a very limited time period to get their elective organized.
Elective Ghana shoulders the burden of organizing your elective for students at a reduced and affordable rate.
Our choice of Hospitals ranges from Teaching hospitals to District hospitals and Rural clinics.
Elective Ghana offers two kinds of electives for medical students:
- Elective in teaching hospital: with this kind of elective your options is Korle Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra (the capital city) This teaching hospital assigns students to a team consisting of a head, consultants, specialist and residents, interns and medical students. The advantage of this clerkship is that you get the opportunity to see the management of complicated cases like eclampsia , HELLP syndrome etc The other advantage is that, here one stay in the big cities which has a lot of activities including clubs, good restaurant, opportunity to meet Ghanaian students and other students from various countries also doing similar things in Accra.
2. The second type of elective takes place in the district hospitals, semi-urban, rural and villages. Here students get to feel part of the community and the hospitals are usually understaffed so students are able to do lots of procedures and to manage patients under the supervision of the resident doctors and nurses etc. You will get opportunity to meet Ghanaian students and international students from various countries who are always on placements at these hospitals
All you need to do is send us your documents and tell us which type of elective you prefer.
Advantages of Our Program:
- We go the extra mile to ensure our interns enjoy every moment of their elective period by providing needed assistance before and after you arrive in Ghana.
- Elective Ghana will arrange your elective and send you the confirmation letters when they are ready.
- We don’t just arrange the Elective for you but we also offer assistance for visa application and advice during preparation for Ghana.
- We also provide pick up for all students upon arrival and leaving. We arrange comfortable accommodation for our volunteers
- We plan social programs to our students making their stay more enjoyable.
- We support all interns throughout the elective period by interacting with them to see their needs and challenges. By so doing we are able to make our interns feel at home and promote cultural exchanges.
- We give a fast-track introduction to the transport systems, little city tour. These little things enable students to settle in well and help them get accustom to the Ghanaian culture, people, food etc thus giving a better understanding of the country and its people.
Below is a list of some important notice for all students:
*Elective students don’t receive any stipends but rather has to pay a registration fee and internship fee which varies from hospital to hospital
*Electives students are not provided with food in the hospital so they are expected to solicit for their own funds for example from a scholarship program.
*Elective Ghana does not provide insurance for students so each individual student is expected to have their own travel and medical insurance.
For all other information, you can refer to our website: www.electiveghana.org and our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/electiveghana)
Email as at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you !
We forward to hearing from you soon!
Elective Ghana Team
Click Image To Enlarge